n suspect of Jolo blasts surrenders to Philippin

n suspect of Jolo blasts surrenders to Philippin

A main suspect in the deadly twin blasts hitting the southern Philippines late last month has surre

ndered to authorities, the chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) said on Monday.

PNP Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde said the suspect, identified as Kamah Pae, and four others “performed individual role

s” in the church bombings that killed 22 and injured more than 100 others on Jan. 27 in Jolo in southern Sulu province.

Albayalde said Kamah, a student, turned himself in along with four others over the weekend in Jolo.

Multiple murder and multiple frustrated murder charges will be filed before the provincial prosecutor of Sulu on Monday, Albayalde added.

“The five surrendered due to the massive hot pursuit operations by troops from the Patikul Municip

al Police Station,” Albayalde told a news conference in Manila, adding that the five “performed individual roles in that incident.”

Albayalde said the five suspects belong to a group of Abu Sayyaf militants led by Hatib Hajan Sawadjaan, which is believed to be responsible for the blasts.

www.milkingmachines.cn

weimiaow